National Adoption Awareness Month, November 2016
Thank you for joining us for National Adoption Awareness Month!
This year, we wanted to honor and uplift all of the different, and extremely important, voices in the adoption journey. Take a look below at what we shared this month! Let us know in the comments what you think, what you learned, and if there’s any adoption perspective you’d like to see more of.
ON NATIONAL ADOPTION AWARENESS MONTH
Articles written by adoptees themselves — the most important voices in the adoption journey.
- 11 Things Adoptees Want You to Know About Adoption
- Adoption, Racism, and Finding My Identity
- What I Never Expected When I Met My Birth Parents
- A Lesson In Not Being Heard
- Video: I’m Adopted, But I’m Not…
- How Being Adopted Has Affected My Adult Relationships
BIRTH PARENT VOICES
Articles written for and by birth parents.
- How I Found the Right Family to Adopt My Baby
- The Grief in Knowing My Son Will Never Call Me ‘Mom’
- Dear Mom Experiencing an Unplanned Pregnancy
- The Moment I Knew I Had to Place My Baby for Adoption
- This Is What It’s Like to Visit the Son I Placed for Adoption
- Confession: I Feel Guilty for Placing my Daughter for Adoption
WEEK OF THANKS
Giving thanks to those who matter most in the adoption journey!
- Why I Will Always be Grateful to My Son’s Birth Mother
- A Thank You Letter to the Mum and Dad Who Adopted Me 50 Years Ago
- Open Letters from Adoptive Moms to Birth Moms
- What I Wish I Could Tell Our Son’s Birth Mother
- To the Woman Who Adopted My Baby